Roman Rolland once said, "It's the artist's job to create sunshine when there isn't any."
Welcome to my world.
I'm a student, a wolverine (grrr), an artist, a reader, a fiancee, a daughter and these are my thoughts...

February 5, 2010

Winter Weather

I didn't want to start out with a sad post but unfortunently, this is what is on my mind right now.  Living in Michigan and growing up on the lakeshore of Lake Michigan has toughened me up when it comes to winter weather.  Lake effect snow can pop up at a moment's notice and we just sigh and head out in it anyways.  The boyfriend, B, is from Minnesota and has a similar outlook on winter.  However, he has been in DC for the past few days for a work conference and is now trapped until Sunday.  Ugh.  Really, its just a little bit of snow!  In fact, direct quote from the news tonight..."Snow like this is common in the Great Lakes region but it's shutting down DC."  I just want B back tonight like he was suppossed to be!  So, instead, I'm going to head home tomorrow to see the family and rest up before next week.  I'm teaching a lesson in my fifth grade class this week and I haven't written the plan yet so it will be nice to get away from the distractions of Ann Arbor in order to get that done.  In the mean time, DC, toughen up and give me my B back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment