Roman Rolland once said, "It's the artist's job to create sunshine when there isn't any."
Welcome to my world.
I'm a student, a wolverine (grrr), an artist, a reader, a fiancee, a daughter and these are my thoughts...

March 1, 2010

On The Road Again...

It's spring break!!  Well, actually "winter break" because UM has no idea what 'spring' is, apparently.  However, I digress.  I landed in Ronald Reagan Airport on Saturday and am absolutely loving Washington, D.C.  I've already been to Arlington (watched the Changing of the Guards and cried), the National Museum of American History (saw the original Star Spangled Banner and cried), the Lincoln Memorial (read the quotes on the wall and cried) and the Korean Memorial (held it together for this one...no guarantees on Vietnam though).  Its been incredibly moving and meaningful so far.  You can't help but feeling an immense amount of pride in this country.  However, this trip is seriously complicating my educational future.  I know that if I could go back to the beginning of undergrad, I would do things completely differently.  But now I'm facing the options of graduate school.  I thought I had it all figured out but I've always been so fascinated by museums and archives and now being here is bringing that out again.  Stayed tuned for more updates on the trip and my stress over my educational plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment