Roman Rolland once said, "It's the artist's job to create sunshine when there isn't any."
Welcome to my world.
I'm a student, a wolverine (grrr), an artist, a reader, a fiancee, a daughter and these are my thoughts...

May 25, 2010

Work and Sunshine

Wow!  I can't believe how long its been since I've posted!!  I guess spring term is more work than I thought it was going to be but at least I'm enjoying my classes.  Work has been wonderful.  I can't believe how much stress the Children's Center and Campus Information brought to my life.  I haven't felt this healthy and happy since before I started working at these two places.  Being on substaff at both of them has given me a measure of control over my time and life in general.  On the other hand, working at Clement's has been incredible as well.  I finished the link checking project and have moved on to a digitizing project.  Which is a fancy archiving way of saying that I scan documents and create pdf files of them.  I love the stress-free simplicity of the project and the ability to work at my own pace.  The women who work in the office there are simply wonderful and I love just being a part of the activity that goes on at the library.  I'm also enjoying skimming through the documents that I'm scanning.  I'm working through boxes of the Clement's library biannual newsletter, The Quarto.  They are full of fun articles highlighting interesting holdings at the library or recent acquisitions.  I can't believe how much cool stuff related to history that the University of Michigan has!! 
Oh, and in the food arena of my life, I improvised dinner tonight and it turned out wonderfully :)  It wasn't very photogenic but here's the recipe that I created: 
Pork Chops in the Crock Pot:
1. Place 2 (or more) thawed pork chops in the bottom of the crock pot
2. Sprinkle liberal amounts of Lawry's salt on both sides of the chops
3. place several pieces of onion on top of the chops
4. Pour 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup on top of the chops
5. Sprinkle a little more Lawry's and some dried basil on top of everything
6. Cook on low for 8 hours
7. Eat a delicious meal at the end of a long day!!!
total prep time=around 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment