Roman Rolland once said, "It's the artist's job to create sunshine when there isn't any."
Welcome to my world.
I'm a student, a wolverine (grrr), an artist, a reader, a fiancee, a daughter and these are my thoughts...

April 6, 2010

Food!

Finally, some time to cook again!  I embarked on a pasta salad making adventure last week and am thrilled at how it turned out!  I made this for my cohort potluck lunch and it was a recipe of my own devising.  I looked up a bunch of recipes but none of them felt right.  So, here it is!  My bright, colorful pasta salad!

Pasta Salad (fed 12 with plenty of leftovers, which taste better every day!):
2 boxes of tri color rottini
2 red bell peppers
2 yellow bell peppers
1 green bell pepper
1 small bag of broccoli florets
1 small bag of shredded carrots
1/2 bag of mozzerella cheese, shredded
1/2 bag of cheddar cheese, shredded
a dash of dried basil
a dash of dried thyme
2 bottles of fat-free Italian dressing

Cook pasta according to box
While cooking pasta, chop peppers and broccoli
Rinse and drain pasta
Mix pasta, veggies, spices and cheese together
Add one bottle of dressing
Chill overnight in fridge
Add 1/3 cup of dressing to salad and remix
Enjoy!
For leftovers, always add more dressing to keep it moist and delish!
Here's some pics of it it in progress and completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment